PDA

View Full Version : "I told you before, Honey...!"

Rosl Roessner
04-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I spent a hole day to watch this pair of Northern Wheatears and to make images of them.
This is one of the images I like most, because of the story it tells.... :)

Hope, you like it...

Mark III / Canon 500 f 4 + 2x TC
1/1000 sec f 7.1 ISO 500 - 1 Exp.corr.

Commets very welcome...
Love, Rose

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Great smooth BG and sharp, well exposed birds. I love the interaction too Rosl. You have a very worthwhile image here to share and thanks for doing just that. On a funny, note, I guess that is the male yelling at his girl. I thought it was normally the other way around. Well in my place it certainly is. :D

Phil Ertel
04-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Very nice. Lovely background and I like the rock with all of its colors and textures. The interactions of the birds is very engaging. If it were mine I might try and lighten/brighten the eye of the bird with its peak open and perhaps tone down the highlight on its upper peak. Was this mid-day (based on the shadows that was my guess)? Just asking as the light on the birds appears a bit harsh in my opinion.

Fabs Forns
04-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Nagging, nagging LOL, this is adorable. Agree on lightening the eye on the complainer, very good timing on your part.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-21-2009, 06:18 PM
This one certainly looks like she's giving him a hard time!

Very nice colors and interaction.

Brian Barcelos
04-21-2009, 10:34 PM
He might as well be speaking to the wall. Great interaction! Maybe clone out the piece of grass in his beard?
Brian

Rosl Roessner
04-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Helo to everybody, thanks for your comments!
As you know, I love to make images, that are able to tell a story and that make you smile for a moment :)

Yes, this is made in harsh midday light. I spent a hole day with that pair and did not walk away over midday. I want to know all about the birds and I want to study them, so the portraits that I made in soft evenlight are really pleasing (I can show you one?), but this interaction is so nice and I had to take the light as it was. I am a lucky one with the head turn of the both, having no hard shadows on their heads or bodies.

The piece of grass is part of the story and I don't want to clone it out.
The story was that he found some grass, nesting material and presented it to her.... She does not look interested, but believe me, she was (is that real life? ;) )

I will try to lighten the eye up, but I don't want to lighten the black band around the eye of the male, because it is really dark black.

Happy to be here and to learn from you,
Rosl

Stu Bowie
04-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Love the interaction captured here, and love how the female just seems to ignore him. Comp works well, and what a great OOF BG.

Brian Wong
04-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi Rosl!

I always like your artistic flair and "feeling" to your images .. and this is no exception. The interaction and expression between the two is wonderful. The one raised foot also adds to the intensity to the squawking ... I can hear if from here ... exceptional! Also very nice clean background.

Did you ever find your woodpecker?

Rosl Roessner
05-02-2009, 04:02 AM
Thank you for looking at my image; I tried to improve it, by lightening the area around the males eye... What do you think about that?