PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine in Flight

Herb Houghton
04-21-2009, 10:56 AM
This is an older shot (2 yrs) from my archives, iso setting was high, recently processed with neat image several times. The BG is a muddy Hudson River.
canon rebel XTi
300 f4L iS
1.4x extender
iso 800
F9
1/640
+1.33 e.c.
handheld

Stu Bowie
04-21-2009, 11:22 AM
He's flying away from you, but the head turn makes this image. Did you ask him to turn around before he flew off in a hurry. I like the full wingspread, together with the slight fanned tail. Well captured.

Alfred Forns
04-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Very nice Herb !!! Sure like that look back Makes it for me !!!

Might try darkening the bird slightly with selective color Very appealing image ... btw noise wise I have been experimenting with Topaz with excellent results.

Kim Rollins
04-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Love it! I simply love it and I would be proud to have captured this one.
I would say your timing on this one was just right and in my opinion the image is not hurt at all by the angle of the bird as head turned to compensate for that.

If it were mine and considering the image overall I think I would try a Levels Adj. Layer and setting that I think would lighten it slightly but would not hurt detail. Maybe something close to these settings 12/1.12/250 (speaking PS here).

Phil Ertel
04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I also the like the full wingspread with a view of the top. The look back provides interaction and injects some personality. Thanks for sharing.

Brian Wong
04-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Herb!

Background is very nice, along with the head turn. Agree with the unfortunate noise on my screen. There is some dark area, or work artifact around the head.

Mark Dumbleton
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Super effort here! Lovely pose - like it from the back with head turning back!
Heads seems a tad soft, but overall a lovely shot! Well done.