PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wag Tail..

Adithya UN
04-21-2009, 04:45 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3477/3461623037_afff71d5b1_o_d.jpg

A winter migratory bird in southern parts of India.
Thanks for comments and critics...

EXIF:

Shutter Speed: 1/400
Aperture: F5.6
ISO: 400
Exposure Program: Manual
Camera: Canon 40D
Lens: Canon 100-400 L IS

Phil Ertel
04-21-2009, 07:39 AM
I like the colors in this image. You have good details in the bird. I like the low angle. I think there is enough of a head turn to make it pleasing and the slightly open beak adds interest. Having the bird on the ground limits your composition choices. Thanks for sharing.

Juan Aragonés
04-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Wellcome on board Adthya :-) The low shooting angle is fantastic and the eye contact is very good but composition could be much better with less empty space at the top of the frame and more room at the bottom. The BG is overexposed because it is under sunlight and the bird is in shadow (a difficult situation for a good exposure job). Fill flash is great in this kind of situations. You can try a panoramic crop with this image, removeng part of the empty space at the top of the frame. Keep them coming

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Beautiful little bird and very good exposure. I agree with Juan's comments about the vacant canvas on top and would like to see a tad more canvas on the bottom. Many thanks for sharing Adithya.

Daniel Cadieux
04-21-2009, 12:33 PM
With such a low angle adding canvas at bottom would give a too thick OOF FG area. Getting up a couple of inches higher and pointing the lens down would have been good. This way you would also have cleared the tail and feet from the OOF grasses. As is I would give Juan's pano crop idea a chance as I agree with there being toom much space at top. Quite a beautiful bird, keep them coming!!

Brian Wong
04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi Adithya!

I too think a little less room on top would help. As the bird is on the ground, I like the low shooting angle, but am not crazy about all the foreground stuff. I like Daniel's suggestion of trying a couple of inches higher to better see the tail and the feet.