PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Swamp

Michael Lloyd
04-20-2009, 07:46 PM
This is from a jobsite southeast of Plaquemine, Louisiana.

EOS1DMKIII manual
600mm f4L IS hand held

ISO 400
1/500 @ f4

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Hi Michael!

A lovely place to be for sure!
I wonder if you have another of this pictures but with more DOF since it would be nice to see the other trees in focus.

Michael Lloyd
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for looking Juan. I don't have a shot with more DOF but I may get the opportunity to shoot the scene with a tripod in another day or two. On one hand I like the treeline fading out of focus to the right but on the other I can't help but want to see it shot at f22. When I took this shot I was walking around with just my 600mm lens and camera so I had to handhold this shot. I was going for max shutter speed so I sacrificed DOF for shutter speed. Hopefully the second iteration will be with a tripod.

Thanks again.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks for looking Juan. I don't have a shot with more DOF but I may get the opportunity to shoot the scene with a tripod in another day or two. On one hand I like the treeline fading out of focus to the right but on the other I can't help but want to see it shot at f22. When I took this shot I was walking around with just my 600mm lens and camera so I had to handhold this shot. I was going for max shutter speed so I sacrificed DOF for shutter speed. Hopefully the second iteration will be with a tripod.

Thanks again.
I understand Michael.

One more thing to consider would be, in case you are not against such things, is to clone the thin branch on the upper right corner. I really want to see your new version of this image with more DOF.

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey Michael,
Believe it or not as a max DOF guy I find myself liking this! I like the fade of sharpness/dof on the cypress and you have VG seperaation between them. Good job minimizing the water as it wasn't at it's best. I too would like the f22 version for comparison but as it stand now my only recommendation is the digital removal (if you are OK with it) of the limb?.....leaning against the base of the trunk on the right. Too out of place.