PDA

View Full Version : Upside Down Bouquet

Julie Kenward
04-20-2009, 06:42 PM
One of my new favorite tulip images, this is a handful of tulips flopping over the side of the vase. It reminds me of a handful of baloons floating above my head.

Canon 40D, EF
f10 @ 1/40th, ISO 200
Manual mode, pattern metering, Sunny WB
Handheld, braced by my arm on the deck the vase sat on.
Processed in ACR & CS4 - slight adjustment to saturation (decreased magentas, increased greens) and a levels adjustment to bring up the light tones.

Mike Fuhr
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I really like this unusual composition -- who would have thought to look at this angle?? Not me. Great colors and lighting. Love it!

Jackie Schuknecht
04-20-2009, 07:05 PM
This is really lovely Julie. Just love it. Great perspective, colours, and framing:)

Kaushik Balakumar
04-21-2009, 04:43 AM
:) a very different perspective.
Nicely composed image.

Dave Mills
04-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Your right Julie...It does look like balloons.Your placement of the stems leading you to the flowers is nicely done.
Your choice of cropping is excellent also...

denise ippolito
04-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Julie, Really something special!! I love the stems and backside of flowers.

Richard Lovison
04-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I like the composition and the unusual angle of view for flowers. Very creative and beautifully executed. Even though your primary focus is in the lower left hand rule-of-thirds position and works for me, I wonder if this image was a strong candidate for a multi-focus merge as I feel all the tulips and stems play an important part in this photograph.

Bruce Murden
04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Lovely image and nice graphic. I really like seeing the lesser-seen side of things, and the multi-colored petals and the curves of the stems. I would have liked to see the right hand stem have some more curve or angle to it. It starts out straight and detracts a bit from the dynamic feel of the rest of the image.