PDA

View Full Version : Abstract Dandelion

Mike Moats
01-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Shot this with a wide open 3.5 tamron lens. Not really looking for a sharp focus point, just wanted a soft blend of colors, shapes, and light. . I had the early morning sun to add some side to backlighting. Fuji S5 Pro, tripod. I think I need to clone out the black stem leaving the frame on the lower right side, as it tends to draw your eye there. What do you think about it. It does balance the dark stem on the right.:confused:

Dick Boone
01-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Mike, Not sure, but did you mean the lower left side when referring to the stem going out of the frame? Were it mine, I would remove that one as it is at an angle totally out of keeping with the rest of the dandelion. I would also possibly lighten the dark one on the far right. Overall, this is a very pleasing image. I never seem to do well with dandelions, but I'll keep trying.

God bless.....Dick

Alfred Forns
01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
I like the idea Mike Agree that the dark mass detracts This would look better with all soft and light Perfect subjects for what you are trying I find making these type images with light colors more difficult but more rewarding Bold colors are easier to compose

John Cooper
01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Great to see some innovative macro ideas Mike. An interesting design - the black area doesn't concern me as much as the very bright area top left hand corner that keeps attracting my eye.

Anita Rakestraw
02-02-2008, 03:16 AM
Mike, again a neat idea!! Love the soft colors and soft detail. I agree about the ULC too-light area, and the LLC stem going in the wrong direction. The dark LLR corner doesn't bother me; I think it's better in than out....I think you could safely crop about 2 inches from the left and still have a nice image, altho I kind of prefer the more rectangular format. Maybe you have other shots of this, or can reshoot?? Very nice!