PDA

View Full Version : Peach Skin Tulip

Julie Kenward
04-19-2009, 07:24 PM
I can't stop thinking about biting into a big juicy peach whenever I photograph this one species of tulip. The colors really remind you of the colors of a peach skin.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, 20mm extension tube (I believe)
f8 @ 1/100th, ISO 200
Manual mode, pattern metering, sunny WB
Handheld, outdoors late afternoon light
Processed in ACR & CS4; slight levels adjustment, noise reduction, sharpening, small crop.

Gus Cobos
04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Excellent composition, image and capture...I like the framing of the main leaf. the depth of field and selective focus point is just right. I like the fact that you are using the extension tubes...the color rendition is very good combined with the delicate fine details of the texture...well done Miss Julie...proud of you...this is my type of image...:) looking forward to more...:D:cool:

Richard Lovison
04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Wow Jules, that's gorgeous. I love the colors and the "v" shape fading into soft focus.

Joseph Martines
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
The texture captured adds to a wonderful color and image.

Thanks for sharing.

Ed Cordes
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Super Julie! The colors are wonderful. Our tulips aren't out yet. Can't wait.

Julie Kenward
04-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks everyone...glad you liked it. I actually had a hard time deciding which to present as the tulips are coming up and I'm photographing the heck out of them...got so many new images I hardly know where to start.

Ed Cordes...where have you been hiding? Glad to see you back my friend!

Mike Moats
04-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Hey Jules, very nice, like the point of focus and color.

Kaushik Balakumar
04-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Simple & beautiful image. Like the colours & the soft feel the image has.

denise ippolito
04-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Julie, I love the colors and the lines-very nice.

Ed Vatza
04-20-2009, 05:04 PM
First of all, I just love the color, Jules. That orange/yellow peachy color just captures my attention and hangs on to it. The sharp edge to the petal is just the element to make the image really pop. Very nice.

Anita Bower
04-22-2009, 04:58 AM
STunning! I love this image. The angle of the flower, the framed filled with the beautiful petals, the colors, the exposure and light. It captures one of the details of tuilips which I love.

I know what you mean about having so many images you don't know which to post! This is a wonderful time of year for flower photographers. I hardly know whether to garden or take photos!