PDA

View Full Version : THEME: Landscapes - Sanibel Light

Harold Davis
04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
i'm no photoshop guru, but i did use it to start this creation. i used find edges. then dumped it into capture nx2 and proceeded to spend the next 2 hours painting. every color you see was created and then colored into the areas. after all that was completed, i went back to Ps and installed a Photoframe. bumped up the saturation a couple notches too!!:D

after spending all that time, i got to looking at it and said it really doesnt make since....i had taken a picture that was taken at night and turned it into a daylight painting with two lights beaming strong. oh well. that's why it's out of the box!!

thanks for looking. i really appreciate your comments!!!

Dave Woeller
04-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Harold, I really like what you've done with this. The colors are bold and still pleasing. Very nice work

Jay Gould
04-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Van Gogh would be impressed; I certainly am!! Lovely piece of artwork.

denise ippolito
04-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Harold, I love it. It's fun and colorful!! Looks like it could be a postcard!!Really nice job!!

Dave Mills
04-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Harold...I agree with Denise...effort well spent. Funny, I didn't think about the lights until you brought that out...

Alfred Forns
04-19-2009, 07:49 PM
A second for being post card material !!! Proud of you !!!!

Gus Cobos
04-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Doctor Davis,
Instead of operating, now you are painting...:eek::D:p Whats the world coming to???:eek: I love your rendition of night time turned into day...It came out perfect...the poster edge takes it over the top...well done...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
04-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Nice treatment Harold, it reminds me of folk art:)