PDA

View Full Version : Ryvardenia campyla

John Cooper
01-30-2008, 02:18 AM
This bracket fungus was photographed in Mt.Field NP, Tasmania.
Fresh specimens are frequently ornamented with clear or amber drops of fluid extruded from the flesh.

Canon EOS 5D, Canon 100mm macro, Flash x2, dim light under heavy canopy, 1/125 sec F16, Tripod.

Alfred Forns
01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi John So far I like this one the best by far Excellent feel and love the crispness The crop is pleasing and the view angle shows the mushrooms well Would also be neat isolating and going real tight !!!!

Robert O'Toole
01-30-2008, 07:37 PM
John,

I really like it. Very interesting. This is the first time I have seen any bracket fungi like that. Thanks for sharing the image.

Some small details that might enhance the image.
I would show a little more foreground so the fungi will not be so close to the lower edge. also I would darken the moss in the upper left, they compete with the fungi for attention. also I would do a selection mask on the fungi and run a s curve for more contrast and saturation and maybe a super light USM.

Robert

Robert O'Toole
01-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Hope you dont mind John.

I think an illustration will help a lot better than a description.

Robert

John Cooper
01-30-2008, 08:28 PM
John,

I really like it. Very interesting. This is the first time I have seen any bracket fungi like that. Thanks for sharing the image.

Some small details that might enhance the image.
I would show a little more foreground so the fungi will not be so close to the lower edge. also I would darken the moss in the upper left, they compete with the fungi for attention. also I would do a selection mask on the fungi and run a s curve for more contrast and saturation and maybe a super light USM.

Robert
Thanks for those tips Robert - good suggestion re darkening the moss but the more contrasty image on right tends to lose the subtle tones in the amber droplets.