Drive: Continuous (high): frame 1
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off
Taken in Lamberts bay South-Africa
All comments and Crits welcome Thx

Randy Stout
04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Kobus:

Sharp, well exposed. I really like the incoming bird and the lower right bird that is looking up at him. If your ethics allow, I might consider cloning out the two birds at the bottom middle of the frame. There is still the issue of the extreme lower right hand corner, where the back of another bird is shown, but I think getting rid of the other two would be a plus.

I know that these birds live in huge congregations, so it is normal to see a bunch of them around, but from a visual standpoint, I think less is more here.

Just my .02. I am sure there will be other opinions, and I look forward to them.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Stu Bowie
04-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Excellent exposure Kobus, and I like how the guy on the ground is looking up. Randy makes a great point about chasing the two middle guys away. You have also brought out the detail on their heads nicely.

Juan Aragonés
04-19-2009, 10:11 AM
A very good balanced composition Kobus and very good exposure job. The wing´s position is not the best to my taste (a more spreading wings would be much better) but that is what you got. Love the landing action and the head of the bird raised in the ground.

Mark Dumbleton
04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Excellent job here Kobus. Love the onlooking bird, but another vote for the removal of the 2 birds.
Great exposure to gather details in the whites.

Chris van Rooyen
04-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Great exposure and sharpness!. Another vote for the removal of the middle two

Axel Hildebrandt
04-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I like the light, details and interaction. The wing position might not be ideal but the image has so much going on that it doesn't bother me.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-21-2009, 04:19 AM
I would probably just evict the bird directly below the landing feet and the two light blotches in the BG. WHat a great landing pose. I hope to see a colony like this some day. :) Exp is great.