PDA

View Full Version : Flexibility

Julie Kenward
04-18-2009, 10:15 PM
My favorite tulip again...this time with it's beautiful long stems included. This is an image I created today while it poured down rain outside. I noticed the compression is playing with my sharpness just a bit more than in the original.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8 macro
f8 @ 1/40th, ISO 400
Manual mode, pattern metering, Shady WB
Handheld, no flash
Processed in ACR & CS4

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Julie, this is outstanding!
I really love flowers and this one is no exception. Love those pastel colors and composition but I would like to see the cloth on the table a bit less white since you loose the base of the jar, it seems like the glass is floating in the air.

Mike Moats
04-20-2009, 05:38 AM
Hey Jules, I've been busy doing an art show the last three days and the weather was beautiful doing the show and today I want to go out and shot and its raining:( so I know how you feel. Nice comp and good details and BG. I guess I'll just take care of some business today. Weather man says we may even get some snow tomorrow night:confused:

Ed Vatza
04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Ah, so that's what they look like. Beautiful flowers (mustn't forget the Grape Hyacinths as well). I like the two vase set up so odd number rule be darned. I do wish the third tulip in the back had a better agent and got better positioning in this image. It looks a bit lost back there.

Anita Bower
04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
I like how you set up the flowers--creative use of two vases. The tan BG color works for me. I think the white tablecloth draws the eye away and is too stark. I know setting up this type of shot is challenging. I've been looking at a book of flower photos, with a section on photographing flower arrangements to get some ideas. So far, my favorite solution is the one used by Robert Mapplethorpe. Go to http://www.darjanpanic.com/photography/masters-of-photography/robert-mapplethorpe-and-his-flower-art-photography/