PDA

View Full Version : Trout Lily (Erythronium americanum)

Ed Vatza
04-18-2009, 07:07 PM
I been searching for these for about the past two weeks. Finally, FINALLY, I found them this evening.

Image made using my Canon 30D; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430 EX w/LumiQuest Softbox; handheld

1/80 sec @ f/14; ISO 800; 0 EV; Pattern metering; FEC -1

denise ippolito
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Ed, I really like the focus on this one and the BG is great!! I love that it's hanging upside down but the petals are pulling upward-nicely done.

Julie Kenward
04-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Love the little lily - I've never seen that before. I don't mind the BG but I don't think the color and the dark areas really does the flower justice. I have trouble with gray BG's the way you have trouble with white ones. It's all personal taste.

Ed Vatza
04-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Thanks, Denise. Thanks, Jules. I forgot to mention in the original post that the background is actually a small feeder stream to my local creek.

Mike Moats
04-20-2009, 05:42 AM
Hey Ed, looks good, I like the BG color and look. Good details on the flower.

Anita Bower
04-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Great capture of a Trout Lily. These little flowers are so low to the ground that I find them most challenging to photograph. (I think I say that about all wildflowers.)

I like the simplicity of the composition and the neutral BG. The colors and exposure are just right!

Your use of flash is quite good--leaving a natural looking image. Do you find that the flash is an advantag in capturing flowers?

Gus Cobos
04-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey Ed,
This is one pretty Lady...:) she is simple, beautiful and elegant...I think the background showcases her beauty...well done...:cool:

Bruce Murden
04-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Nice find, and lovely simple composition. I just stumbled upon these yesterday, with tight buds. Now I know what they are and can go after them with gusto!