PDA

View Full Version : The other side of North Window

Steve Bein
04-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Almost all shots of the North Window are at sunrise, from the west side with Turret arch framed inside the North Window. After making that shot, I climbed back through North Window and got this shot of a late photographer chasing that classic image.
5D, 135mm

Dave Mills
04-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi Steve... Nice capture of North Window. The photographer adds alot to the image and really gives the viewer a sense of scale. This is also a tricky exposure which you handled well. I haven't made up my mind if the foreground rock helps the image or not. See what others say...

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
04-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Nice Capture Steve I think I would like it with out the foreground rock cropped out making the photographer stronger, either way nice image.

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey Steve,
Pretty cool! I've been there countless times and never took this shot! Backpack kind of looks like me........maybe just a tad too skinny:D! Very nice exposure control.....I too vote for the FG rock removal.....as tonally it is too out of place with the rest of the scene and draws the eye. Cropping just above it also makes some of the sloping lines in the FG.....even further draw our eye towards the photographer.....which as Dave mentioned.....balances nicely with the opening. Very well done and unique!

Ed Cordes
04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Great fresh presentation. The photographer makes the image as he adds size perspective. I too would remover th FG rock

Robert Amoruso
04-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Well seen Steve. I really like the tonality in the FG shadows. I would agree with the close FG rock being a distraction.

Rich Ikerd
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Nicely done Steve. Not a viewpoint you see too often. The hiker gives a great sense of scale showing just how large the arches really are. I'm also in the "crop above the foreground rock" as it does detract from the center of attention.

Steve Bein
04-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks, I did not see the leading lines above the rock. When printing time comes, I'll do that.
Steve