PDA

View Full Version : A mothers Touch

Kenn Christensen
01-30-2008, 12:48 AM
A Doe and Fawn captured in a tender momment at a local deer park.
handheld
20D
500mm f4 IS L

Jasper Doest
01-30-2008, 04:16 AM
SWEET....

I love the soft light here....and great skin detail. I don't know if all this would have been possible, but this would have been nicer at a lower angle, with slightly more DOF. That way the fawn would have been sharper than it is now. Also, I think this needs either more space around the two, OR a closer view on the interaction between mother and child. When you're out in the field....try to wonder what draws your attention...and try to emphasize that part.

John Cooper
01-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Such a wonderfully tender moment that you have captured here Kenn, and the soft light has worked extremely well. Composition is very tight but really works for me here - probably cropped tighter still could improve this image.
Big congratulations!!!

Alfred Forns
01-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi Kenn Love this image I like the idea of going tighter Will make it more intimate All about feel and this is way up there Jasper has a great point which should be kept in ming all the time Excellent !!!!!

Vincent Grafhorst
01-30-2008, 12:57 PM
What a lovely scene you have captured here Kenn. I do agree with Jasper that it needs abit more room all around, the clipped off ear, hooves and front and rear of the mother are a pity IMO. Or alternatively this could work as a tighter crop (but with the entire fawn in frame)

Fabs Forns
01-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Awwwwwwww, how sweet!!!
As mentioned, a lower angle would have been better if possible. Great as it is too.

Maxis Gamez
01-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Lovely. I wish to see a little more from the bottom, but that's about it.

D. Robert Franz
02-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Lovely colors and a tender momement. I might have gone for a lower angel and a bit more DOF to get the eye of the fawn a bit sharper. You may have even been able to move to your left a bit to get a better angle to optimize your DOF. I think a little looser framing would help also...