PDA

View Full Version : Just A Grackle

Ed Cordes
04-18-2009, 04:32 PM
This image was made in Wakodahatchee in early March. The species is not as exotic as many Florida birds, but I like the colors.

1DMK2 with 500 f4 and 1.4 TC. Manual exposure at ISO 640 and f 5.6 and 1/400 with EV zero on tripod. Vertical presentation cropped from horizontal and just a bit more cropped from the top.

For my helpful mentors here on BPN - I remembered to have the bird looking into the frame. ;)

Thanks for looking. All comments are most welcome and appreciated.

Daniel Cadieux
04-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Grackles can have the most beautiful iridescence when photographed in the right light. A species I love to photograph! The first thing I noticed is the "hazy" eye. The pupil definitely need to go darker black, and I'm used to seeing these guys with yellow irises? Good pose and BG.

Fabs Forns
04-18-2009, 09:09 PM
One of my favorite Florida birds, because of their colors. Nicely placed and seen. I'd darken the eye a bit and well done!

Stu Bowie
04-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Super comp, with the perfect pose. I think you have exposed the blues nicely Ed, and love the pastel colours in the BG.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Cool pose and BG, I particularly like the tail in this one. The eye has been mentioned.