PDA

View Full Version : Bandhavgarh Safari

Sabyasachi Patra
04-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I was waiting for a tigress and her cubs. I have been photographing her for the last four years. I had spent an hour with her in the morning. However, the chances of her coming to the waterhole was slim in the evening as she was resting in a cave on a nearby hill. The dust had settled down due to rains a couple of hours before. So thought of capturing this image as a vehicle appeared around the corner.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS at 28mm. ISO 100, f22, 1/50 secs, full frame.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Judd Patterson
04-18-2009, 01:30 PM
The clouds in this one are really pleasing, Sabyasachi. It has to be fun to be out waiting for tigers in a landscape like this one! So that is a vehicle over near the far treeline? At this size it is so small that I'm not sure it adds much to the overall scene. Did it come closer and give you additional opportunities? I like that foreground tree that provides a little framing, but I think the image would be stronger with even more of the tree...at least enough to give us a significant branch of something arching into the scene. Good luck enjoying those tigers!! :)

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
04-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I wish I was there looking for tigers. I know it only takes money.

I agree with Judd about the tree to make the image stronger. Thanks for sharing

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi Sabyasachi,
I agree with Judd that the small vehicle size in perspective......doesn't really add to the overall scene. As for the tree on the right......I can go either way.....add more.....or totally eliminate it.....both work.
One day I have to go visit to photograph the tigers!

Robert Amoruso
04-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Sabyasachi,

I agree with the others on the truck and the tree on the right. You also have some distortion due to the camera being pointed up. That can be corrected in PS under Filter > Lens Correction.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi buddy!

I agree about the car in the corner. Also agree with the area where you are taking these pictures, wow, that must be very exiting.

I wonder how this picture would look as a pano. It seems to me that since you included so much sky is because is part of your compo. and that's fine. I was thinking of that.