PDA

View Full Version : One new day at the rainforest

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Rain forest on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica.

Canon 30D
Canon 35-350@?
Tripod

For some funny reason I deleted the RAW file after processing this image in PS.
Sorry I don't have all the details.

Roman Kurywczak
04-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi Juan,
Sorry to hear about the raw file......this is definitely a keeper. The testures and layers of fog.....with the protruding silhouettes of canopy are very nice. Very well done minimizing the sky also.....just enough to add another layer without too much distraction. I would recommend going in and using the dodge/burn tool carefullly to further bring out some of those more faint fog clouds. You do lose a lot in images like this with the jpeg compression so many times you have to make process them a bit more for web presentation. Overall I feel you captured the feel and mood of the rain forest very nicely!

Sabyasachi Patra
04-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Juan,
Lovely image. You have captured the essence of the rain forest. I always like the dreamy feeling of the rain forest. It is unfortunate that you deleted the RAW.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ed Cordes
04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Very nice presentation of the rain forest. It looks very mysterious. A part of me wants to darken the top of the sky just a bit but the other part of me says I like it as is.

I am always afraid i am going to overwrite the RAW file. I have gotten into the habit of converting to TIFF as soon as it is open in PS. Not fool proof, but some protection.

Robert Amoruso
04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Juan,

I agree with the others above.

IF you have not used the card again, you can recover the RAW from it. Sandisk has a program to do that.