PDA

View Full Version : Me and My Shadow and My other Shadow

Bob Malbon
04-17-2009, 09:25 PM
http://bobmalbonphoto.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p821409864-4.jpg

Found these Piping Plovers at a new spot in Kennebunk lucky for me since I walked about 3 miles on soft sand and rocks to get to this beach. Why you ask, well a buddy saw a Snowy Owl on the 14th and since it might have been there all Winter I figured lets walk. No luck on the Owl but got several of these guys with uncluttered backgrounds. 1DMk3 on 500 f4 at iso 400, 1/1000, f8, manual, AIservo, hand held just before sunset. Bob
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Arthur Morris
04-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Man, you gotta love those long walks in soft sand.... This is quite lovely. The juxtapotion is perfect, as is the EXP and sharpness. And the image is perfectly designed. The thing that keeps if from going over the top is that the head angle of the rear bird does not parallel the head angle of the front bird....

john crookes
04-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Bob,

Sweet littleguys and no distractions a big plus for up here.

Light is great was this yesterday?

I am starting my preparations for the alewife run and looking into a place for a long weekend

Not many places listed on the web so I may take a drive up to look around some

Take Care

John

Bob Malbon
04-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Art, Thanks for the insight. I will check the other frames - took many!

John, This was captured on the 15th - so many Eiders to post forgot about the Plovers. I don't know ant places in the mid-coast and I will be in Vermont the next 3 weeks so if you are in Damariscotta Mills scouting let me know what is moving. Thanks Bob