PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest frog

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-17-2009, 08:16 PM
This frog posed for me for a little while before jumped to the ground.

Canon30D
Canon35-350@260mm
f/5.6
1/80
AV
Handheld
Pop up flash

Ed Vatza
04-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice pose and head angle, dare I say! :) He looks like he is really to jump out of the screen.

Julie Kenward
04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Really nice, Juan! I like your comp but think you could also go with more of a pano crop if you wanted (shown here) just because it gives the frog an even larger presentation in the frame.

I also felt your overall image was a little on the dark side so I put it in levels and hit the "auto" button just out of curiousity and this is what I got. Added a little sharpening too while I had it open just for the heck of it.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Really nice, Juan! I like your comp but think you could also go with more of a pano crop if you wanted (shown here) just because it gives the frog an even larger presentation in the frame.

I also felt your overall image was a little on the dark side so I put it in levels and hit the "auto" button just out of curiousity and this is what I got. Added a little sharpening too while I had it open just for the heck of it.

Good crop and suggestion Julie!

I like it but I guess that by lighting the image, this one, looses the original light that I envisioned. Rain forest is a living creature and the forest floor receives only the 20% of the sun light. That's why it is important for me to keep the original light that I saw when tripped the shutter, there is nothing wrong with your version, actually a version of the same image but a bit less of light is on the way, thank you so much for your input. Agree about sharpening, it needs it!:D

Julie Kenward
04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
That totally makes sense Juan! Still, you could always opt for lighting up the frog just a bit and leaving the surrounding BG in the dark. Either way, it's a sweet image.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-18-2009, 09:50 PM
That totally makes sense Juan! Still, you could always opt for lighting up the frog just a bit and leaving the surrounding BG in the dark. Either way, it's a sweet image.
Thank you so much Julie for your comment, it really opened my eyes about what can be done to this image.
Here's a repost that I think looks better that the original picture. Please let me know your thoughts. jc

Julie Kenward
04-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I think it's a perfect repost, Juan Carlos! You gave the frog more attention and yet maintained the integrity of the forest. Great job!!!

Jay Gould
04-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Juan, YOUR repost rocks! OR hops and jumps :D.

Like it!