PDA

View Full Version : THEME: Something Old - Tombstone

Harold Davis
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
this is an old headstone from Old Sheldon Church in Sheldon, SC. i converted it to b&w, applied a dry brush to it and then added a spotlight. any suggestions appreciated.

thanks for looking!

denise ippolito
04-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow Harold even his name sounds old! The slanted headstone looks old and the B&W conversion really adds to it. The spotlight makes it look dark and spooky!Well done.

Jackie Schuknecht
04-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Like the B and W Harold, gives it a feeling of loneliness and desolation. Wonder what it would look like with the spotlight on the tomb and everything else darker? Just an idea for you.

Alfred Forns
04-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Neat Harold Might want to orient the spotlight in the same direction of the shadows !!! All about feel and this has it !!!

Harold Davis
04-18-2009, 02:54 PM
hey guys, check this out and let me know what you think. i went back to the original and readjusted the spotlight and added a border. that's after downloading the onOne Photoframe software. (thanks alfred!!!!) took three hours to download.

let me know what you think!!!! after looking at the original, i like it without the dry brush.

denise ippolito
04-18-2009, 04:01 PM
It's cool!! I like it,has a real neat look to it.

Christopher Miller
04-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Harold, I agree that it looks better without the dry brush, but personally I prefer it without the border. Very nice image. Love the feel of it!