PDA

View Full Version : Lots to Learn...

David Roach
04-17-2009, 01:25 PM
This parent's just fledged chicks, surrounded by vegetation they can eat, only takes food when Mom or Dad offer it. I guess it takes time to learn to fend for yourself. I had been having problems when using the 2xtc and with this test verified it was that my lens (just back from the shop) had started coming apart due to a bent connector. Glad to have everything back in working order. Created just at the end of the morning at Green Cay. Since I can't get my lens between the slats at Green Cay (at Wako you can), the 800mm helps to give a more intimate angle from top of railing.
1DMKIIN 400DO 2xtc ISO 400 F11@1/400

Randy Stout
04-17-2009, 02:47 PM
David:

Very touching moment. I love the head tilt on the little one.

Exposure looks good, right on the sun angle, sharp.

The vegetation in front of the parents face is a bit distracting, but I know that was the evironment you had to work with. Although the chicks head is turned away just a bit, I still think the interaction is very good.

I might just a bit more room on top, maybe 10%, so it doesn't seem quite so squeezed.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Despite the few bits of vegetation intruding it is still rather appealing to me. That's nature, forget the clone tool I say. :D Congratulations on photographing this wonderful interaction! :)

Fabs Forns
04-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I know what you mean about the railing :( At least you were able to get the eyes in the clear and a very teender moment. I love the tiny weeny wing on the chick :)

David Thomasson
04-17-2009, 07:51 PM
You've caught such a moment, I would invest a little time with the clone tool. If I can do it on this small image, you can rock and roll on the big one. ;)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2284/weedsi.jpg

Stu Bowie
04-18-2009, 03:41 AM
A lovely tender moment captured here David, and cozy in their enviroment too. You have exposed the blacks nicely, and both nice and sharp. Great pp work by David T to remove the vegatation. Great capture David.