PDA

View Full Version : Up Close

Alfred Forns
04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Wondering through the streets of khan Al Kalili found this person smoking a pipe. Checked all angles and the best was walking up to him with a camera at my waist, normally try to make eye contact then fire. Works every time. Leica M6 35 Summicron.

btw Image has lots of dust and work periodically removing it, a labor of love.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

denise ippolito
04-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Really cool how you got the pipe with the smoke and him smiling! What are they smoking out of those type of pipes?

Jim Caldwell
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Nice job, Al! I like the framing of the guy in the left as well. I saw a number of people in Turkey smoking their pipes (especially in some of the outdoor restaurants), but really didn't get a decent image of one. BTW - I have lots of old B&W negatives and can appreciate the work in removing the dust!

Alfred Forns
04-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Jim in those restaurants you take your own mouthpiece and light up !!!

Denise I'm not sure what they put in there but in Egypt the crew flew out of the boat after docking .... they couldn't wait so I'm guessing is not Tobacco

Gus Cobos
04-17-2009, 03:26 PM
These are my types of capture, candid moments in the ever day lives of ordinary people, doing what they like best...well done Mr. Forns...Love it to death...the monochrome gives it an old world class...excellent...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
04-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Could be in National Geographic Al:). This man is feeling no pain.........

Richard Waas
04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Wacky Tobaccky...... Great image Al !!