PDA

View Full Version : Easter Lily

Anita Bower
04-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Nikon D300, 105mm macro, f45, 2.5 sec., ISO 200, pattern metering/manual, manual focus, auto WB, tripod, natural light, indoors. PP: Elements 7 & PS7: levels, contrast, saturation.

Fabs Forns
04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Very beautifully executed. I wish you had placed the center of the flower a little higher in the frame. Thanks for sharing this one, Anita :)

denise ippolito
04-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Anita, I really like the lime green against the white with the nice yellow pollen-it really looks lovely together.

Ed Vatza
04-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Looks like you are getting the hang of that D300, Denise. Beautiful image. Love the color combination.

Whoops! Mea Culpa on the name, Anita. All you Ladies are so good that I get confused who's who! :o:o:o

Julie Kenward
04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Denise? Denise? Did someone just call Anita Denise? ;):eek:;)

ANITA, this is beautiful. I do love the color combination as well but agree with Fabs that putting the back of the flower higher up in the corner would have been even better. I am also assuming you took this image at f4.5 and not f45? Correct? I think if 4.5 is right a step or two more would have perhaps included more focus at the base of the stamen and that also would have been a plus. As is, I still really really like it. :)

Anita Bower
04-18-2009, 05:50 AM
I don't mind being called Denise. I LOVE her photos!!! I find it difficult to keep people straight without seeing them and knowing them in person.

I recroped the image as suggested. I agree that it is much stronger. THANKS!!

I did mean f45. The second image below was taken at f5, for comparison (not very well focused).

THANK YOU ALL.

Anita Bower
04-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Here is the f5 version.

Richard Lovison
04-19-2009, 08:23 PM
That's a beautiful image Anita... the composition and color hues are gorgeous. I like your second post the best.

Gus Cobos
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi Lady Anita,
The repost is excellent...I like the soft delicate feel of this beautiful lady...the color rendition is simply superb, the whites are within tonal range with just the right amount amount of fine details and texture...well done...congrats...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Don Berendsen
05-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Hi Lady Anita,
The repost is excellent...I like the soft delicate feel of this beautiful lady...the color rendition is simply superb, the whites are within tonal range with just the right amount amount of fine details and texture...well done...congrats...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Gus has said it well, this in an exquisitely beautiful image Anita.

Anita Bower
05-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Thank you one and all!