PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owl flight IV (and a See you later)

Ramon M. Casares
04-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Well, aparently my word means nothing as I said a few weeks ago that I was not going to post any other Burrowing Owl image :D the thing is that I am leaving for a week with one specific species in mind, THE ANDAN CONDOR, I have a very special bond with this birds as I have participated as a volunteer in the Andean Condor Conservation Project, breeding chicks from the egg and releasing the juvies in the wild after years of taking care of them with Condor puppets and in total human isolation. After years of wanting to photograph wild subject of this sepcies, tomorrow my quest starts, wixh me luck and also I wish you all a week full of great images and great light!!! See you soon my friends!!!

Mark II
1/2500Seg.
F4.5
+2/3
ISO 400
300mm f/4

Steve Canuel
04-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Nice look and wing spread on this one Ramon. Almost looks like he belongs in the air rather than on the ground :). Good luck on your trip. Looking forward to some images.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-17-2009, 12:34 AM
All the best with the trip amigo. This image is really nice. I love that eye contact and details under the wing! Take care and see ya soon!

Juan Aragonés
04-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Bring back to us good images of that mighty creature Ramón and do not worry for posting so much owls. They are great!
This one has a terrific eye stare and a fantastic wing spreading. Really nice but it looks a bit overexposed in my monitor. Good luck with the condors

Stu Bowie
04-17-2009, 02:15 AM
Eye contact at its best. Super comp, and love the angle of flight. Well captured. BTW, have a great trip.

Daniel Cadieux
04-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Good luck with your Condor project...hope you bring us some great images :-). Nice owl, I love the flight feathers and tail feathers, very cool translucence there. I would fix what looks like the yellow iris "bleeding" into the black eyering on the owl's right eye bottom (our left).

Grace Scalzo
04-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Fantastic image, Ramon. Great eye contact. Looking forward to your Condors!

denise ippolito
04-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Ramon, Great looking image, your wingspan and HA are great! Good luck on your trip and have fun watching and photographing their behavior!

Bob Malbon
04-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Ramon, Thanks for the One More! Never enough of Owls!!! Just ot let you know I will be sitting here waiting for your ANDAN CONDOR images - lots I hope. Have a super trip!! Bob<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

David Roach
04-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Your work with the condors sounds awesome!!!! Great luck on capturing these beauties!!! BTW, how did you get those burrowing owls to fly????

Fabs Forns
04-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Nicely done, my friend. I can't wait to see what yo come back with, wish I could be there with you!

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Eye contact?
Great image Ramon, wish you the best in your trip and take care.
Great looking owl.

Simon Bennett
04-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Wonderful image - I especially like the eye contact.