stuart wanuck
04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
nikon d300 70-200mm
iso 400 1200 ap @ 6.1
gatorland

Randy Stout
04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Stuart:

Nicely exposed and sharp. The head angle is too far away from us. I would prefer the bird moved more to the lower left hand corner, with more room to look into. The image seems a little flat, and a bit brighter and some tinkering with the contrast would make it pop a bit more.

Thanks for sharing!
Randy

Stu Bowie
04-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Excellent detail and exposure on the Egret Stuart, and I would him down to the bottom left corner.

Juan Aragonés
04-17-2009, 02:47 AM
The BG needs a cleaning job (noise reduction, gaussian blur and fixing of... cloning marks?). the exposure looks OK but the bird is a bit centered in the composition and I miss a more clear eye contact and a better head turn. :-)

Daniel Cadieux
04-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Head angle mentioned, and the right part of the BG from top to bottom looks like it was worked on? I also agree with comp suggestions. Nice breeding colours and plumes, and a good perch.

Mark Fuge
04-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Nice shot. I like the majesty of the pose. The chest thrust out and the head angle. Clean up can be done. I don't totally agree with the comments on placement. I think cropping wouldn't add much. If you chose to do so, I would look at the left border area but not remove more than 1/3 of the open space there as the tail feathers would encroach too close to the border.

Again, Nice shot.

Mark