PDA

View Full Version : Cerulean beauty

Jeff Nadler
04-16-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.jnphoto.net/cerulean-nn3727.jpg

The greenery will clue you in that this was photographed last May, but I'm looking over my warbler collection to select my desired places to visit soon . . .I want to get this species a bit lower to eye level this May! 300mm 2.8IS x2, fill flash, F8

Stu Bowie
04-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Lovely pose, and great use of fill flash, as you have exposed the colours nicely.

Graham Smith.
04-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Beautiful bird indeed Jeff. Very nice exposure and detail on the bird. However, it looks like you're processing has resulted in a small halo around the subject, most noticeably on the back and tail. I'd like to be able to suggest a fix for that, but can't, as I often get it too.

Fabs Forns
04-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Very beautiful bird, very sharp and good eye contact. Wish you had let the original to compare. I guess you reposted because I don't see a halo now.

Jeff Nadler
04-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Very beautiful bird, very sharp and good eye contact. Wish you had let the original to compare. I guess you reposted because I don't see a halo now.

Fabs, I did not repost. Never have, as that would be confusing to viewers. I think i see the halo referred to but I did nothing special in processing in that area so uncertain of cause.

Graham Smith.
04-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Glad you can see it too Jeff - it's certainly not overly distracting if it's that difficult to see. I thought perhaps it was an artifact of the mask edge if you did some adjustments to the bird or background (ie. lightening/darkening).