Aperture: 9
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 160
Focal length: 200mm

Rich Ikerd
04-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Definitely a different composition Robert. The backlighting really makes the thorns glow which gives the image an ethereal quality. I even like that you intentionally didn't include the tops of all of the cacti. It gives the image a graphic element that would have been missing otherwise.

Paul Marcellini
04-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Really nice Robert. I like the color contrasts a lot. I think you composed really well and the only suggestion is maybe crop off the left clump, as they don't have as much rim lighting. I love how the light took on different shades too.

Roman Kurywczak
04-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi Dale,
I looked at the image.....and was going to originally recommend what Paul had to say. As I studied it further, I realized that even though it wasn't rim lit like the others...it had enough depth and texture to seperate nicely from the other cacti......but something did seem a bit off for me and I think it may be the brightness of the UR rim light......even though it is very minimal, I feel a crop off the right, removing the main hot spot, would balance with the left side nicely....but not sure what to do with the darker BG area that would remain......given those choices......I would choose the original post as the UR bright area isn't that distracting and doesn't take away from the beautiful light and textures.