04-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Coyote Hills, Fremont CA
Olympus E-1 150mmf2 w/ TC-14
ISO200, f2.8 1/3200s

Not a great portrait, curious what you think. :confused:

Thanks

Desmond Chan
04-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Personally, if I want to leave the mountain in my image, I would leave more of it. Generally speaking, it's more preferable not to have the bird looking away from the film plan, or sensor plan for that matter...ahh...let's hear what other think.

Lance Peters
04-16-2009, 02:36 AM
Hi Ned - Agree with desmond on the head angle - without it you loose the all important eye contact which really draws your viewers eye to the subject.

Like the outsretched wings - made a couple of quick level adjustments and recropped - any better??

Graham Smith.
04-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Agree with Desmond on the mountain range - More is needed if you'd like to keep it in. Very nice improvement of the bird with Lance's re-post.

Alfred Forns
04-16-2009, 07:32 AM
This might be another option, small birds in frame tend to look better close to a corner !!

Moved the bird using quick mask and dragged, needs work for blending the darker sky by the edge. Heavy crops are usually problematic and always a compromise on what to do !!

Ned Bagno
04-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks. I'll try and move the bird and adjust levels. I do like the mountain in the image, for me it's an integral part of why I like this image. I did go back and try to include more of the mountain, unfortunately this is all of it that I captured. Thanks for taking the time.

Ned

Gus Cobos
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi Ned,
I agree with all of the good advise given, Mr.Peters' crop is one option and Mr. Forns' crop would be the other...just keep them coming...:cool: