PDA

View Full Version : Oystercatcher

Alfred Forns
04-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Captured this bird while shooting with James on the hooptie We had some OC flying back and forth and wanted to capture one with the mangroves in the bg ... good test for the 50D Topaz seems to do a decent job on the noise and doesn't soften the image as much as others.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 50D
500 f4.0 IS
f 5.6 1/2000 sec
Exp set manually
ISO 500

Phil Ertel
04-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Alfred, Nice capture! I like the view of the back of the wings. The open mouth is a plus for me. I like that you can tell the mangroves are the background without being distracting. I tried Topaz DeNoiser for my images and I agree that it dose a good job on noise reduction without affecting details (too much). Thanks for the reference.

denise ippolito
04-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Alfred, The wing position looks nice and with good details,very nice HA and the open mouth is a big plus!!

Desmond Chan
04-16-2009, 01:30 AM
I like the perspective, the sharpness and the colors of the photo. My concern is that the background water is too dark for the head of the bird to stand out from it despite the vibrant, red beak of the bird and its clear, sharp eye. I think it would be better if the water were a bit brighter. My subjective opinion of course.

Tony Whitehead
04-16-2009, 04:04 AM
I like the crop and open bill. Dark water and BG work well. Maybe a little CCW rotation to level up the pale line through the mangroves.

D. Robert Franz
04-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Fine image Al, love the view of the wings...