PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jay on a post

George DeCamp
01-29-2008, 08:56 PM
http://decamp.net/bpn/montauk0108_0113.jpg

Blue Jay on Post - Elizabeth Morton NWR, Long Island NY

Was resizing some files and decided to post one, it's been a while.

This image was made at Elizabeth Morton NWR on Long Island a few weeks ago. Normally these birds are quite skittish around here but at this particular place they come very close, especially if you put some seeds in the area, which we did. This guy landed on the post in front of me and I made this image. I have others with a full profile but this was one that was different so figured I would post it and see if it works. Slight crop for positioning in frame.

Nikon D3, 500mm AF-S, x1.7, ISO 400, f6.7, 1/640. Gitzo Tripod, Wimberley Head II.

Lana Hays
01-30-2008, 04:54 AM
George
If you don't have the friendliest birds at Elizabeth Morton. Nice to see a Blue Jay from there as I usually see the chickadees. Wonderful image with the colors, pose and BG. That D3 certainly has produced some nice images. I suppose if I wanted to nit I might want a little more of a head turn....but then you're dealing with Blue Jays who have their own ideas about how to pose.

Del Cockroft
01-30-2008, 09:33 AM
What a gorgeous handsome bird. Beautifully presented. perfect detail and sharpness. Love it.!!!

Dick Boone
01-31-2008, 10:49 AM
George, I wish two things you have were mine. This image and your D3. Nuff said! ;)

God bless.....Dick