PDA

View Full Version : BCNH Speaking...

Dave Phillips
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
.......actually squawking!
This is less than 20% of frame and heavily cropped, thus the lack of sharpness.
Around here when one see a BCNH, it usually just sits there in the distance for hours.
There was another in the area.....so the vocalization.

400mm w/1.4X, ISO 400, 1/320, f/8, +1EV
The yellow tinting is consistent with breeding colors and the everpresent slime and duckweed in the water

Critique much appreciated as always, thank you for opportunity to share
http://i42.tinypic.com/9bdegj.jpg

Randy Stout
04-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Dave:

I think the image held up very well for such a large crop. Great eye, beak open, head angle, angle in frame.

The only thing I might do is jus a bit more room on top and to the right.

This fellow has a lot of personality showing.

Randy

Harold Davis
04-15-2009, 04:11 PM
i like the composition and cant believe how well it held up to the crop. there seems to be a couple of dust bunnies behind the head. i might run another round of noise reduction on the bg too. love the soft light and the calling pose is really nice!!

Fabs Forns
04-15-2009, 05:44 PM
If you have the room, I'd add some, it feels constrained. The high contrast on these birds aids in holding the crop. Maybe he will let you get closer another day :)

Phil Ertel
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I like this a lot. The open beak adds character. I agree with adding room

Maxis Gamez
04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
I like this very much Dave. Have you consider using some fill flash for the next time?

Dave Phillips
04-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks friends....I do have plenty more crop room and will rework it soon.
Good catch on the dust bunny Harold.......and Maxis, I don't even own a flash :(
But am giving it some thought....thanks

Bob Malbon
04-15-2009, 08:39 PM
OK Dave we will get up a collection for a 580!! Great one but dose need the stated "room" Bob
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">