PDA

View Full Version : A face only a mother could love

Bruce Gove
04-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi all - photographed this young Tom this AM. Worked on the eye and sharpened a bit in PS.

Cheers,

Bruce

1DMIII
EF500 f/4L, 1/4000 @ f/4 EV0
ISO 400
Not cropped

Randy Stout
04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Bruce:

Amazing colors in this guy. I would almost think it oversaturated, but you were there, so you will have to be the judge. Nice head angle. I think the eye could stand a bit more contrast between the pupil and iris, just to make it pop a bit, and to increase the apparent sharpness.

From a composition standpoint, needs more room to the right, and could stand a small crop off left. Normally I would crop a fair amount off the left, but the colors in and details in the feathers are such, that I would hate to lose too much!

Thanks for posting this fellow!

Randy

Harold Davis
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
3D!!! it pops of the bg big time. i might work the highlighted feathers low on the body and take a small crop off the top too. love the iridescence in the bird. nice light to get that.

Fabs Forns
04-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Very nice colors. I'd crop some off the top, unless you need it for text. Iridescence show very well.

Maxis Gamez
04-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Excellent details and the exposure looks good. I'm not a big fan of box cropping. If you have more room in front and cut some from the top I wonder what you get?