PDA

View Full Version : Mungo Sunset

John Cooper
01-29-2008, 07:51 PM
This erosion formation was photographed very late in the afternoon as the sun was setting. Mungo NP - SW New South Wales.

Canon EOS 3, Canon 20-35mm at about 22mm, Velvia 50, 1/4sec F22, mirror locked up, Polarizer, Tripod.

Alfred Forns
01-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Excellent John !!!!! Love the close up perspective Nice side light for detail Not sure if it would have been possible but sure would like to have seen the formation on its own? Maybe vertical getting more of the grooves Would love visiting the area I'm sure wold be having a sensory overload !!!! Love the feel !!

Robert Amoruso
01-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Great use of the the leading lines to bring the viewer to the left peak which is nicely balanced by the bush/peak further back on the right. Well scene composition John. I might try desaturating it some.

Rich Ikerd
01-31-2008, 02:10 PM
I'll echo the great use of the ridges as leading lines to the main event of the peak. And I know that velvia is a saturated film, but if you desaturate this one a bit, I think it will dramatically enhance the image.

John Cooper
01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll echo the great use of the ridges as leading lines to the main event of the peak. And I know that velvia is a saturated film, but if you desaturate this one a bit, I think it will dramatically enhance the image.

I think you're right Rich - original scan in Adobe RGB 98 looks Ok but when I convert to sRGB for monitor display the colours appear over saturated.

John Cooper
01-31-2008, 08:00 PM
This is a repost - converted previous sRGB to RGB 1998

Phil Colla
02-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Well done. My only comment -- a good one -- is that the leading lines in the sand are very strong, they really make the image work.