PDA

View Full Version : The Colors of Spring

Julie Kenward
04-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh be still my heart! After endless months of brown, brown, and more brown it's finally here - green as far as the eye can see! And pink and blue and yellow all mixed in together. Joy, joy, joy...it's finally spring! :D:D:D

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8L
f3.5 @ 1/60th, ISO 200
Manual mode, pattern metering, Sunny WB
Late afternoon sun, no flash
Processed in ACR & CS4

Gus Cobos
04-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Very well done Miss Julie,
I like the selective focus and the depth of field...the color rendition is very good, I like the soft pastel feel combined with the fine details and the textures...the soft spring tones and hues of the background compliments and showcases your lady quite well...congrats...:):cool:

denise ippolito
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Jules, I really like the colors and the softness at the bottom, but I kinda wish the tip were sharp. Very nice composition and I like the overall look.

Julie Kenward
04-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Yeah, Denise, I see your point. I was trying for something different but I think those points do need to be in more of the focal plane.

Kaushik Balakumar
04-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Like the soft rendering here. Personally, I'm pretty much OK with the tip of the bud NOT being in focus. This helps in keeping my eye around the 'upper middle-ish' region of the bud & enjoy some lovely fine texture & subtle colours that its offering. If the tip were to become sharp, then we might lose the soft feel that this image currently has.

Mike Moats
04-16-2009, 04:36 AM
Hey Jules, still waiting for thing to pop here, nice color, details and BG.

Anita Bower
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Jules:

I couldn't have said it better than you--my feelings for spring!!

Gorgeous capture. I love Tulips at this stage, when they are just about to open. Lovely soft colors, and BG.