PDA

View Full Version : Berkshire Autumn 2

Richard Lovison
04-14-2009, 04:24 PM
http://richardlovison.com/photos/berkshires4.jpg
© reserved 2009, Richard Lovison

This is similar to the first though the sky is a bit more dramatic.

Camera Info:
Olympus E-1; ZD 40-150mm @113mm; 1/100 sec f8; tripod; manual exposure; manual focusing; ISO 100

RAW Conversion:
Olympus Studio 2 software; 5300K -1 tint; contrast 0; saturation 0; sharpening 0; aRGB color space

CS2 Info:
Curves adjustment; resized; Nik output sharpening; converted to sRGB

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
04-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Richard- I like your image very much, but I tought it might pop a little more with some work. I used Lightroom to change the sky and darken it a bit. I also increase the satuation of a couple of colors and I like it a little better, but it is only a personal opinion. I may have over satuated the sky a bit, but I could certainly back it off a bit. Hope you like it.
Mac

Dave Mills
04-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Richard, I like the comp on this and Wheeler made it come to life. What makes this image for me is the NC Wyeth type of cloud!!

Robert Amoruso
04-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Richard,

A bit different interpretation. Saturation increased, Shadow/Highlights to open up shadows and darken highlights (primarily the clouds to make them more dramatic). Selective color and added black to blue channel to darken sky and blue cast in foliage in shade, black to white channel and a few other places to manipulate tones.

The cloud is very cool and really makes the image. You did well proportioning the larger elements in the image into a pleasing arrangement. I like where you terminate the top of the image at the darker cloud.

Richard Lovison
04-15-2009, 06:40 AM
http://richardlovison.com/photos/berkshires5.jpg
© reserved 2009, Richard Lovison

OK, here's my compromise. I opened up the shadows a bit more and darkened the highlights as you suggested Robert, though not as much. I increased the saturation by 10 points which I feel is also less than your increase. What I didn't like in your example is the color shift... the sky appeared a little too aqua and the foliage looked a bit "candyish" and unnatural.

Rich Ikerd
04-15-2009, 05:09 PM
I like the compromise repost Richard. The pallette of colors across the hillside seems about perfect.

Roman Kurywczak
04-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey Richard,
Definitely more pop in the sky here. I may try running a multiplied layer on the sky(won't shift the color as much and you can adjust the opacity to taste).....to bring out all the fine details (I did similar in your first post) in the sky.....this will be the final touch on a powerful image.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
04-15-2009, 08:07 PM
I can see Mac and Robert's repost but cannot see either photo of Richard's? Nice colors and comp on the repost.