PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Spoonbill

Mike Landwehr
04-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Spent last Saturday on Tampa Bay with James, and we had a great day. Thanks, James! This is one of the spoonbills that kept us busy in the morning. I reduced the exposure when I converted the raw file to protect the overexposed red channel. Other than that, it is slightly cropped, with minor (five points) desaturation of the red channel, very slight levels adjustment, and unsharp mask. All C & C welcome!

1D Mark II N
500 f/4 + 1.4x
ISO 400
1/1600 @ f/5.6

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Beautiful image Mike with great exposure and detail . Love the pose in this image and I would like to see a tad more room on the left and on the top. The dark BG really sets this image off . Like it a lot.

stuart wanuck
04-14-2009, 05:14 PM
love the image i was there two weeks ago.know how difficult it is to work withthat back ground good job!

Phil Ertel
04-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Very nice. Good detail and colors. Having just gone out with James last week, I agree with Stuart that you did a good on the background. I also agree with Judy on the adding more room to the left and top if you have it. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-15-2009, 12:49 AM
It's an amazing wingspread. Agreed about a bit more room left and top. Well done Mike!

Arthur Morris
04-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Well done Mike and well done by the folks who commented above. I will add only that you did a great job with the EXP and with the REDs.