PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now you have been Goosed

phillane
04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Snow Geese all I see is Geese, where is Elmer Fudd when you need em ? :D
Stats Canon 40D w 100-400 L ISO 200 F11 1/2000 sec

Axel Hildebrandt
04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
It's quite impressive to see and hear a big flock of snow geese. I like the flight position of the birds and would clone out some of the little clipped pieces of wings in the corners. The birds look a bit soft on my monitor.

Tim Kuhn
04-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I too have many mass snow goose images like this one. You have good dof and that helps a lot. I just think images like this lack focus. My eye wonders around the image not knowing what to look for. I struggle with myself.

Tim

Desmond Chan
04-15-2009, 01:28 AM
The geese also appear soft on my monitor. Personally I would like to see more geese in the photo.

phillane
04-15-2009, 11:01 AM
It's quite impressive to see and hear a big flock of snow geese. I like the flight position of the birds and would clone out some of the little clipped pieces of wings in the corners. The birds look a bit soft on my monitor.

<"Impressive"> Hold on, don't know if my heart can take too many compliments at once. :D Yeah your right, it does look a tad soft althought the 16 bit tiff file looks tack sharp. Post processing of this file is nothing new, go figure.

phillane
04-15-2009, 11:02 AM
The geese also appear soft on my monitor. Personally I would like to see more geese in the photo.

More Geese?

phillane
04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
I too have many mass snow goose images like this one. You have good dof and that helps a lot. I just think images like this lack focus. My eye wonders around the image not knowing what to look for. I struggle with myself.

Tim

Tim your spot on with my thinking until very recently. There is symmetry even in what appears to be chaos especially in nature. Look at some of MC Escher's work, not that I am making comparisons. :D