PDA

View Full Version : Not Just a Plain Ibis

Adams Serra
04-14-2009, 01:25 PM
My jaw dropped when this guy landed right in front of me today.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Cool find. Where did you find this bird, Florida? It looks a bit pale for a scarlet ibis, right? I would probably remove the clipped bird on the right and if he would have given you a head turn it would have been even better. Thanks for sharing and please post the techs.

Adams Serra
04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Cool find. Where did you find this bird, Florida? It looks a bit pale for a scarlet ibis, right? I would probably remove the clipped bird on the right and if he would have given you a head turn it would have been even better. Thanks for sharing and please post the techs.
Hi Axel, Yes,, took this picture today, I believe this is a hybrid bird Scarlet x White ibis so the result is a pink Ibis. I apologize i forgot to post the techs. will do it when i get home later.
BTW I left the white bird just so you could see the color variation.

Phil Ertel
04-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Interesting bird. Axel's critique covered my observations. A bit of a head turn would have made this a stronger image. Good exposure and sharp. Thanks for sharing

Adams Serra
04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Phil,
Thank you for the comments. I know the image has a lot of room for improvements, the reason I posted and maybe i should have posted on a different forum, was to share a picture of a bird that i did not know existed until this morning.
Thank you,
Adams