PDA

View Full Version : Greenfinch

Tom Dolezal
04-14-2009, 01:16 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Avian/_V2C9631-Edit.jpg

A recent garden visitor awaiting its turn for the feeder.

Technical: Canon 1D Mk3, Canon 300 f/2.8 IS, 1/80, f/5, ISO 800, 0 EV. AV mode

C&C always appreciated.

Thank you for looking

Juan Aragonés
04-14-2009, 02:04 AM
The shooting angle is a bit steped to my taste but the bird is really sharp. Head turn and eye contact would be great if the shooting angle were less steped. The vertical stripe in the background is a bit distracting and you can try to tone down a bit the bird and add some saturation to the beautiful green plumage.
Keep them comingn :-)

Axel Hildebrandt
04-14-2009, 07:35 AM
I like the soft light, perch and details. I wish for a lower angle and find the vertical lines in the BG a bit distracting.

Tom Dolezal
04-14-2009, 08:07 AM
The shooting angle is a bit steped to my taste but the bird is really sharp. Head turn and eye contact would be great if the shooting angle were less steped. The vertical stripe in the background is a bit distracting and you can try to tone down a bit the bird and add some saturation to the beautiful green plumage.
Keep them comingn :-)

Thank you for your comments and suggestions Juan - much appreciated. The reason it was shot at that angle is that if I went for a more horizontal POV I would have been picking up a white background structure which, imho, would have been quite distracting.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
04-14-2009, 08:11 AM
I like the soft light, perch and details. I wish for a lower angle and find the vertical lines in the BG a bit distracting.

Thanks for commenting Axel - much valued and appreciated. I have just responded to an Juan's post re the shooting angle so I won't duplicate my answer here. Will look at a re-edit and tone down that light vertical in the bg.