PDA

View Full Version : Immature Bald Eagle

rebphoto
04-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I was standing down by the harbor when all of a sudden the ducks and gulls started to scatter, I looked around to see why. I didn't see anything that would make them that spooked until I looked up and seen this beautiful eagle wings spread wide open circling above.
Its my first photo of an Immature Bald Eagle.

C&C welcomed and appreciated

http://rebphotography.smugmug.com/photos/511654350_U8YTJ-XL.jpg

Nikon D300, 360mm, f 6/3, 1/800sec, ISO 320 handheld, cropped a little

Thanks Rodney Brown

Maxis Gamez
04-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Hello Rodney,

Lovely Eagle with nice details in the feather and wing position. I would remove the noise in the BG and the dust spot above the head. I would also leave more room all around.

Thanks for sharing!

Juan Aragonés
04-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Wellcome on board Rodney. I agree with Maxis about the noise reduction in the BG. I am not a big fan of square composition but I think that it works very nicely in this case. Very good light and sharpness. Impressive wing span, by the way! Keep them coming

Axel Hildebrandt
04-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Nice find and flyover, details look good, too. Another vote for NR in the BG and removal of the dust spot.

arash_hazeghi
04-14-2009, 01:28 PM
nice shot, great feather detail, ditto on BG noise and dust

rebphoto
04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the C&C I know how to get rid of the dust spot but not a hundred percent sure how to get rid of all the noise.

Rodney

Axel Hildebrandt
04-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the C&C I know how to get rid of the dust spot but not a hundred percent sure how to get rid of all the noise.

Rodney

Removing the noise in an uniform BG is quite easy. In PS select the magic wand tool, click on the BG, then select > inverse, then select > modify > expand, choose a value 3-5 pixels, then again select > inverse. Now you can go to filter > noise > reduce noise and select a value between 6-10 and see what it looks like. It looks better if you do it in your TIFF file. Alternatively, you can follow all the steps above and blur the BG, choosing 2 pixels.