PDA

View Full Version : Black Crowned Night Heron in The Early Morning.

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-13-2009, 02:13 PM
This was taken on our last visit to Anhinga Trail. It has been quite quiet there the past couple of days but seeing this night heron was a real treat. So often they are not seen with an attractive BG and thus not the most pleasing composition. I hope you will enjoy .

Nikon D3
Nikon 600 mm F4
ISO 400
1/200. F10

All comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Nancy A Elwood
04-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Judy this is one of the most attractive images of the night heron I have seen!! The subject is illuminated nicely and the BG is like attractive and compliments the subject. The exposure and the mirror image are terrific. My husband and I will be down there next week. I hope to get some nice landscapes, but of course subjects like this will be very welcomed.

Mike Fuhr
04-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Judy:

What a great capture. Love the symmetry of the reflection and a hint of habitat. Great lighting also.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I like the composition, details and reflection. Some of the whites on the chest are overexposed.

Ramon M. Casares
04-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I like it, very much, that reflection is stunning! Light angle is nice, IMO a darker BG would've gave the Heron more presence. Congratulaitons, lovely comp too.

david cramer
04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
BG looks fine. Light, pose, and reflection are excellent. I'd be tempted to clone out the brush coming in the right frame.

Randy Stout
04-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Judy:

Very nice, as pointed out above. I like the minimalist perch, soft feel to the image. My first thought was as David's, clone out the bush on the right, but its 'growing' on me. Perhaps just tone it down a bit.

A beauty.

Randy

Joe Senzatimore
04-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Love this comp. and light. One of the best BCNH I have seen in a while. I also LOVE the cover photo of yours. Africa I assume?????

Marina Scarr
04-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Lovely composition in this picture. The slight patches of white may be a little hot, but I don't feel as though it takes away from the picture. The picture does need some CW rotation I believe.

Jackie Schuknecht
04-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Lovely composition and reflection Judy. The whites may be a little hot in some places, but I am sure you can tone them down in your RAW conversion.

Maxis Gamez
04-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I like it, very much, that reflection is stunning! Light angle is nice, IMO a darker BG would've gave the Heron more presence. Congratulaitons, lovely comp too.

Exactly what I had in mind but it is what it is. Good going Judy.

Stu Bowie
04-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Super comp, showing a perfect reflection. The darker BG adds to this, as it makes the heron stand out nicely. Well captured Judy.

David Roach
04-14-2009, 11:38 AM
All has been said! Well seen and executed; congrats!!