PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day on the Mountain

denise ippolito
04-12-2009, 09:55 PM
My dog loves to hike and especially likes to hike up mountains in the cold. She adores snow,she will roll around in it, lay in it and she gets this smile on her face that shows her excitement. One day this winter on our way up the mountain she just stopped about 1/2 mile from the top and wouldn't continue, she hated it! I don't know why but it must have just been a bad day! Her face shows her sad face:( I had to get a photo. Made a cube out of it to add some humor to her sad face. We didn't go back again this year!

Alfred Forns
04-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Roxy doesn't look like a happy camper !! Have you tried hiking anywhere else again? .... beautiful cube !

denise ippolito
04-13-2009, 07:27 AM
We hike on some of the trails by my house but not up to the mountains. We'll go back up there soon!!

david cramer
04-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Nice idea on how to capture the moment. Perhaps we could all use a cube to remember our bad days!

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Gorgeous looking animal Denise but you captured that special look that says no more !!!!! Great captured moment and many thanks for the Background history.

Gus Cobos
04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
What a pretty lady...:) She's no fool, when she says no, its no...love it...:cool:

Axel Hildebrandt
04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I like it, she probably doesn't like having cold paws. :)

Geurt Bloem
04-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Ah man, I once had a Spaniel that also had a hart of a lion and he also one day upped and could not go further on a hike. Have a vet check-out Roxi's hart, please, as that can be the issue and rather then careful than over straining it with a hard hike.

denise ippolito
04-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Geurt, Thankyou for your concern-Roxy has regular check-ups with the vet. she has the all clear!! She is usually jumping up and down to go,and she is a very active dog -she was just having a bad day. So sorry to hear about your Spaniel, you are right sometimes health issues are overlooked as a reason.