PDA

View Full Version : Queen's Bath Waterfall

Rich Ikerd
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
This is a little waterfall along the path down to Queen's Bath in Princeville, Kauai. The path is a little muddy, but the walk is nice (downhill) and the view from the bottom along the shoreline is spectacular (when the waves aren't breaking across the lava). Unfortunately, there's not a lot of room to maneuver (unless you have the balance of a big horn sheep) so you're kind of stuck with the chaos that surrounds the waterfall. Regardless, it is a beautiful place to visit.
D2X, 24-85mm, f/24 (don't know why - probably not paying attention), 1.3 sec, iso 100.

Alfred Forns
01-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I like the framing a lot Rich The diagonal flowing fall just works fine The selected shutter speed has a pleasing effect Guessing 1/15 th From the image I don't the sensation it would be so difficult moving down to where you were Imagine with a little dampness it can be treacherous !!!!!

John Cooper
01-29-2008, 07:39 PM
A simple but very effective composition Rich! The diagonal flow of the falls to the center of the composition works very well and further enhanced by the green vegetation framing the water. Nice one!!

Robert Amoruso
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Rich,

Agree with the comments on the composition. Suggest that you include exposure as knowing the shutter speed helps others to determine best practices when shooting waterfalls.

Rich Ikerd
01-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys. I've added the aperture/shutter information and will start doing so with any future images.