PDA

View Full Version : First Easter Light

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
04-12-2009, 07:52 PM
First Easter Light at the Wood Duck Blind

Rays from the morning sun reveal all the beauty and splendor of a new day.

The moon lit sky reflects a mirror image of tranquility. 
Peace and quiet are lovers. 
Even the sun holds it light letting the mist spread across the lake.

An loon soars over the lake with it's majestic call. 
A swamp sparrow hops on to a log.

My camera ready for the first wood duck activity. 
Time and results, not important.

Getting lost in moments as these makes life worthwhile. We live for today. Yesterday is a memory and tomorrow a dream.

Dave Mills
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice thoughts Dennis. I enjoyed reading them....I love the saying "We live for today etc....

Lance Warley
04-13-2009, 05:59 AM
That must have been a terrific morning, Dennis.

Your words give me a serene feeling. I liked the lines about the moon and about the loon.

Lance Warley
04-13-2009, 07:40 AM
I found myself thinking about your words, Dennis, so I felt compelled to come back and add another comment - really just to say that I'm feelin' how cool it must have been out there yesterday morning.

Totally serene. Truly a magical moment. What a blessing.

david cramer
04-13-2009, 08:01 AM
I've always thought really good photography is enabled by living in the moment. Not having the worries, thoughts, experiences of the day intruding allows you to be in the moment of concentration and intentionality. Your image and words capture that sentiment very well.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
04-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks everybody!!!

Julie Kenward
04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Very nice, Dennis! For the photograph I'd like to offer a different crop possibility...perhaps taking some off the bottom to get rid of the distracting brown stuff on the lower right corner. I'd crop at the second log and let the stuff near the water stay but take out the part by the corner.

Your words are beautiful - I, too, got a very serene feeling while reading this. But, then again, Easter morning always does that to me...

Nice image and beautiful words.

Mark Fuge
04-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Nice shot, nice words, reminds me of home.

I have a couple of items for your consideration, adding to the others. I would darken the sky a little to make the moon stand out. My first impression was of the white circle in the lake and I didn't relate that to the moon as it was not clear what was there. Possibly a larger lens would have brought it out more.

I don't know what the white in the tall pine to the right of the moon is. It doesn't appear to belong but unsure. It is not lined up with the moon, so suspect it is not part of the intended image.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
04-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Your right Julie on the crop, and I should have made the whole thing black and white as it was still quite dark and was surprised it came out being hand held with me hurrying trying to get concealed in the blind before the ring-necks saw me.

I overexposed the sky and blew out any detail trying to get the logs exposed. Being in a hurry I always screw something up.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
04-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I cropped and darkened the sky and took the whole image to black and white.

Thanks for your help it is really appreciated.

Mark Fuge
04-16-2009, 01:29 PM
That really helped with the moon. Nice shot.

Mark