PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Water

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
One of these days I was hiking and found this cute waterfall.

Canon 30D
Canon 18-55mm@48mm
Tripod
ISO 100
f/22
Exposure time 2secs.
Expos. Comp. -0.7
AV

As always, help, advise and critiques are most welcome.:)

John Lowin
04-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Nice image of the falls, I think they needed to fall more vertically, so I rotated them about 3 degrees and brightened the overall image with S/H. The water looked a little flat to me. Hope you like the repost - John

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Nice image of the falls, I think they needed to fall more vertically, so I rotated them about 3 degrees and brightened the overall image with S/H. The water looked a little flat to me. Hope you like the repost - John
Hi John

Your repost looks good, I am not too sure about the rotation since that's how it was in the real world, but the rotation applied by you seems good also.:D
Thanks for your help.

Robert Amoruso
04-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Nicely composed Juan. I like John's reworking of the shadow details. I also like the placement of that one leave in the upper left.

Rich Ikerd
04-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Wonderful waterfall image Juan. I like the original versus the suggested rotation. Not all waterfalls fall exactly vertical.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Wonderful waterfall image Juan. I like the original versus the suggested rotation. Not all waterfalls fall exactly vertical.
Very good point Rich!

Like I mention above, that is how the waterfall looks in the real life so I didn't wanted to apply any rotation in the first place. :)

Roman Kurywczak
04-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi Juan,
I like the opening of the shadow areas a bit but also prefer the original fall orientation. I also like the way you placed the fall slightly off center to help the composition.