View Full Version : another day no spoonies

stuart wanuck
04-12-2009, 06:15 PM
nikon d 300 600 mm lens
ft.desoto
manual 1600 manual at 5.6

Jory Griesman
04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Nicely exposed, and sharp. I like the ruffled feather look. I'd probably take something off the bottom, as the reflection doesn't really add much, and maybe a bit off the right. Perhaps most importantly, I'd move the copyright way down to the bottom right. I find this with many submitted images in the forum - the copyright should not be the first thing I notice, and should be unobstrusive.

Kim Rollins
04-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Stuart,
I agree with several things Jory mentioned. First good exposure and sharp.

Cropping is a choice you make of course but certainly consider his suggestion.

The Copyright mark is certainly distracting. It will not save your image from being used if someone was going to just take it. A copyright mark really has but little to do with Copyrights. I know it is your image and nobody should copy it without your permission but if they do there is hardly any recourse you have for compensation for that use unless you have registered it for copyright. Now for advertising purposes if use unobtusively there may be some advantage. I used to have a faded copyright mark that was actually a 'shape stamp' that I could run in ps with one click to go to lower right hand corner. I could even change the color of mark for any image to make it less obtrusive but... I learned these do nothing to stop someone if they are going to just take an image. Truth is if we post our images on the Internet someone will more then likely steal if they are so inclined, copyright mark or not. You have posted a small file so that probably does more in the way of prevention then the mark.

I also noticed two other things, distracting to me;
1. BG from ankle to crotch just seems much different then the rest.
2. Catch light does not look right to me but I think if taken to PS, zoomed and 1 pixel brush was used to clone 3 of 4 pixels there and a bit of other light on the eye it would improve it.

Best to you Stuart. Keep clicking.

stuart wanuck
04-13-2009, 08:07 AM
very astute observations.lousy clone job on crotch angle.could you further explain procedure for highlight of
eyes.question on brush size ? thanks in advance

Kim Rollins
04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
very astute observations.lousy clone job on crotch angle.could you further explain procedure for highlight of
eyes.question on brush size ? thanks in advance

Stuart -

What I spoke of on the eye was this -

Your image catch-light catches my eye is a distracting way. When it is entered into PS and I zoom in on the eye (like 600%) I see this -

The catch-light is made up of four little squares at the zoomed size. One is white and the other three are different shades (Grey or brown). I took the Clone Tool set at 1 pixel size and Hard for this one. I picked a place on the left of the eye and then clicked (dabbed) the none white pixels of the catch-light to remove them. When doing that be careful to not hit the white one, watch closely each click and it that one turns Grey immediately Ctr+Alt+Z (PS Windows command) will back you up a step. Once those three non-white catch-light pixels are worked notice 2 lines of light (pixels) in the eye other then the catch-light and above/left of it. These were worked to but it is not as important IMO to work them or all completely out. I again used Clone Tool but set Hardness 75%. A new area may have to be picked to clone from to keep from duplicating the white spot. Again be careful not to change the white spots color.

When complete I did final sharpening of the image on a duplicate layer. That sharpening hit on the catch-light too hard IMO so I masked and covered the sharpening of the catch-light with a couple of clicks with 3 pixel brush over the catch-light with Black (foreground color activated). That brush set 60% opacity and click till looked good to me at 100% view.

Repost here - (I did not work out your between legs cloning)
http://upload.pbase.com/image/111265502/original.jpg

stuart wanuck
04-13-2009, 01:24 PM
appreciate your time