PDA

View Full Version : ALERT: Image thief

Jim Poor
01-29-2008, 01:03 PM
All,

I picked this up from another forum, but figure some of our members may want to check for their images as well.

http://www.competico.com/photo/captured-the-red-fox

The image was stolen from an NSN portfolio.

He has apparently stolen from quite a few folks and entered images into contests (and won!). There is also a redbubble account with the same user name, but my gut tells me the redbubble guy is the original and the thief stole his images along with his use rname for the other site.

Either way, I sent the redbubble guy a note informing him that I think one of his images was stolen. If I'm wrong, and both accounts belong to the thief, well, at least we know where he posts.

Alfred Forns
01-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Amazing I'm sure Art is not pleased Have seen before They must know its impossible to get away with it

Gerald
01-29-2008, 01:47 PM
I've looked at this photo and I'm sure I saw it this weekend as a screen saver on a computer at the Mississippi River Museum in Dubuque . I noticed it because I thought it was a great shot. It was in a relatively open area where anyone touring the museum could access the computer, although I'm not sure if it was a personal computer for someone who works at the museum.

Jim Poor
01-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Looks like the account has been removed:D

Rod Ostoski
02-02-2008, 10:23 AM
This is the first time I've seen Competico. Is this a legit site or are they harvesting images?

Jim Poor
02-02-2008, 10:30 AM
If you look at their terms, it seems like a blatant image grab.

Art Peslak
02-02-2008, 01:29 PM
I've looked at this photo and I'm sure I saw it this weekend as a screen saver on a computer at the Mississippi River Museum in Dubuque . I noticed it because I thought it was a great shot. It was in a relatively open area where anyone touring the museum could access the computer, although I'm not sure if it was a personal computer for someone who works at the museum.

Holy smokes. Your kidding me. First this guy is winning a contest with my photo and now its a screen saver some place else. Yesterday some college professor in Poland sent me an email about licensing it.

I'm a lawyer. If I find out who started this, somebody is getting sued.