PDA

View Full Version : Ansel Adams Exhibit in WPB

Mark Fuge
04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
For those of you in the area. There is a current exhibit of Ansel Adams works at the Norton Museum in West Palm Beach. We went to it yesterday and it was great to see images of the master. I have been to Yosemite and viewed originals there in the past, but this was a major exhibit and covered his life's work in landscapes. It is a joint exhibit with Georgia O’Keeffe's work. It is titled "Georgia O’Keeffe and Ansel Adams: Natural Affinities" the dates are January 24 ― May 3, 2009 and shows the similarities of their styles in landscapes. Would highly recommend it to any Floridians and snowbirds in the area.

Mark

Harold Davis
04-11-2009, 07:28 PM
thanks, mark! will do tomorrow. sounds like a lot of fun and chance to learn!!

Jackie Schuknecht
04-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I have a book with a collection of AA photo's, and I went to an exhibit here in Toronto a while back. Viewing them in person can't be beaten!

Mark Fuge
04-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I liked the work of O'Keafe as well, but prefer her flowers and still life to her landscapes which were shown. But it was to compare the two artist. In my view Ansel won! ; > )

Alfred Forns
04-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi Mark Thanks for the heads up !!!

I remember seeing a video of Georgia and Ansel !! .. btw Ansel did some fine portraits and particularly like one he did of Georgia

Ed Cordes
04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
This exhibit is a MUST SEE. There is a museum in our town that has had several Ansel Adams exhibitions over the last few years. It is overwhelming to see the original nature photographer's work. Kind of humbling in that large view cameras, sheet film, processing the film in tents and carrying equipment on pack horses were used.

Mark Fuge
04-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Your mentioning the processing, reminds me of a photog I met a few years ago. He was one of the first rangers in Yellowstone at the turn of the "Last" century. My friend was helping his niece get images that he had for a book she wrote on the Yellowstone area. He had boxes of original negatives everyone was purfect and showed the real Yellowstone. He told us how they developed the large format negatives and washed them by taking them down to the river and letting nature do it. I would like to see someone do that today! ; > ) I can assure you they wouldn't be prestine 80 years later.