PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Vargas

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Image taken at the Caribbean side of Costa Rica.

Canon 30D
18mm
ISO100
f/16
1/15sec
tripod
Exposure comp. +0.30

Jackie Schuknecht
04-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi Juan,
This is a pretty scene. I have been to CR and on the Caribbean side. Beautiful country.
I am wondering if it would look better as a pano crop as there is not too much in the FG to anchor the viewer. Might open up the shadows in the trees a bit too.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Juan,
This is a pretty scene. I have been to CR and on the Caribbean side. Beautiful country.
I am wondering if it would look better as a pano crop as there is not too much in the FG to anchor the viewer. Might open up the shadows in the trees a bit too.

Thanks Jackie for your help and advise.

I was going to lighten the dark vegetation but I think it balances the compo since there is enough light around.:)

Jackie Schuknecht
04-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Like your crop to pano much better Juan!

David Thomasson
04-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Beautiful scene. I like the pano crop. Some brush strokes in the shadow area that need to be cleaned up -- possibly left from applying S/H filter?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9367/strokes.jpg

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Beautiful scene. I like the pano crop. Some brush strokes in the shadow area that need to be cleaned up -- possibly left from applying S/H filter?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9367/strokes.jpg

Very good observation David!
I guess I was not so careful when I did this.
I will try a new version with this problem fixed. Thank you so much for your input.:D

Roman Kurywczak
04-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi Juan,
I too like the pano crop better......but now feel the left side is a bit too overpowering......cropping off and putting the wet/dry line in the ROT position?........may help eliminate the darker shadow areas also.

Robert Amoruso
04-13-2009, 08:47 PM
I like the pano crop and agrees with Roman's suggestion on the left side. Surf line is a good leading line into the image.