24-105L
at 35mm
Polarizer
f/8
1/200
ISO 200

Jackie Schuknecht
04-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Like the palm slightly off-center Michael and the colours of the water. I am wondering about the rock touching the RHS of the frame. Life is a beach, I can tell:)

Roman Kurywczak
04-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey Michael,
Colors are sweet and I like the lone palm......really shows the beach well. Like Jackie.......not fond of the rock touching the frame edge either......and the bridge intersecting the palm isn't working for me either. Any other possible angles without the bridge?

Michael Pancier
04-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey Michael,
Colors are sweet and I like the lone palm......really shows the beach well. Like Jackie.......not fond of the rock touching the frame edge either......and the bridge intersecting the palm isn't working for me either. Any other possible angles without the bridge?

you get bridges no matter where you look there.....

Robert Amoruso
04-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Michael,

I like the tree and the water but the bridge is just not working for me.

Julie Kenward
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I agree with the others but I do like the IR version better - I think it's because the distractions from the palm are more minimal in B&W. Still, it makes me want that margarita...

Mark Fuge
04-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I would agree with the others. I like the shot, but three things I noted before the composition took hold. The rock can be cured by opening the right side a little. The bridge can only be cured in PS. Personally, I would consider it, though I hate to remove major elements from images. The water line can be leveled behind the bridge. I like the light and colors though. Need to head south again, one of these days.

Mark

itsaparent
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
The rock touching the edge is a distraction, but if you could move it to the left a bit it mirrors the cloud above it and helps bring my eye back to the tree trunk. Or is mirroring not a good thing?
The bridge seems part of the story to me.